Ophthalmologist Yorktown Indiana
We'll connect you with the best Ophthalmologist in your area.
Are you currently experiencing problems with your eyes, and have been referred to an ophthalmologist but have no clue where to find one? If so, we have the answers and options you seek. At Find A Doctor Near Me we pair you up with one of our many physicians included in our nationwide network. We have done all of the necessary research to save you the time and frustration spent, so you don't have to!
What is an Ophthalmologist?
An ophthalmologist specializes in vision and eye care, and is trained to provide a full spectrum of eye care. As medical doctors with at least 8 years of medical training, ophthalmologists differ from optometrists and opticians in their in what they can diagnose and treat - with specialists in ophthalmology being the most highly trained of the three. Ophthalmology itself is a special branch of medicine which specializes in the overall function, anatomy and disease factor when it comes to the human eyes.
The job of a Doctor of Ophthalmology ranges from prescribing contact lenses and prescription glasses to more delicate and complex surgery on the eyes. They also deal with the diagnosis, treatment and management of vision problems and eye diseases (and some are involved in research into cures and causes). Some examples of the conditions that would be treated by an ophthalmologists include:
- External and cornea disease, which involves diagnosis and overall management of diseases which affect the eyelids, cornea, sclera and conjunctiva.
- Glaucoma, which is the treatment of disorders including glaucoma which infect the optic nerve and creates damage because of an increase in intraocular pressure.
- Nero-ophthalmology, which involves the partnership of ophthalmic and neurologic diseases, including visual and optic nerve pathways.
- Ophthalmic pathology, which is the examination of tissue specimens taken from the adnexa and the eye itself.
- Ophthalmic plastic surgery, which is the combination of periocular and orbital surgery with facial plastic surgery to reconstruct the lacrimal system, eyelids, orbit, or the general facial area.
- Pediatric ophthalmology, which is the surgical and medical management for the amblyopia, development and genetic abnormalities and the strabismus.
- Vitreoretinal diseases, such as genetic, systemic and local diseases affecting the vitreous or the retina.
If you are looking for an ophthalmologist who will suit your needs, expectations, wants and location, then give us a call today at (844) 372-7972 so we can help aid in your search.
Find a Ophthalmologist Near Me in Yorktown Indiana
Find a Ophthalmologist in Yorktown Indiana
Find a Doctor in Yorktown Indiana: Eye Doctor
Find a Physician Near Me in Yorktown Indiana: Ophthalmology Specialist