We'll connect you with the best Obstetrician in your area.
Are you going to have a baby and looking for the best obstetrician to treat you during your pregnancy? If so, we can help. At Find A Doctor Near Me, we have constructed a nationwide network of physicians who are available to help at any time. We have done all of the necessary research into the matter, so you don't have to!
What is an Obstetrician?
A doctor of obstetrics is a physician who specializes in childbirth, a woman's reproductive system and pregnancy. An obstetrician can also be a gynecologist, but the primary difference is that the obstetrics side of the practice is related to pregnancy. A doctor who is just a gyn can diagnose pregnancy, but if he or she is not an ob/gyn, then the patient will be referred to a specialist in obstetrics.
An OB Doctor will keep a close eye on pregnant women before childbirth and will be there to deliver the baby. They are trained in genetics, childbirth, problems following childbirth, genetic counseling, labor, and overall health during pregnancy. An obstetrician has multiple jobs to do during a woman's pregnancy, including:
- Monitor both you and your baby's health as your pregnancy and the baby develops. This includes performing routine tests, measurements and ultrasounds.
- Gives advice about your medications, exercise and diet during your pregnancy.
- Helps pregnant women to cope with leg and back pain, heartburn and morning sickness, as well as any other discomforts a pregnant woman goes through during pregnancy.
- Explains in full detail what will happen during the labor and the delivery process.
- Answers all questions about the growing baby and pregnancy.
- Checks for health problems or conditions which could cause an issue during the pregnancy, or any problems which could affect the health of the unborn baby, such as diabetes, genetic disorders, infections and high blood pressure.
- Performs deliveries. Some obstetricians are also trained to perform circumcisions on newborn boys.
- Monitoring the health of the mother while she recuperates after childbirth.
If you are looking for an obstetrician for your pregnancy give us a call at (844) 372-7972.
We will match you up with the physician who is best fit for your needs, your wants, your expectations and your location.
Find a Obstetrician Near Me in
Find a Obstetrician in
Find a Doctor in : Doctor Specializing in Obstetrics
Find a Physician Near Me in : Obstetrics Specialist