We'll connect you with the best Medical Geneticist in your area.
Are you having trouble with a genetic disorder, and are unsure where to turn? Are you looking for a doctor who specializes in genetics or the surrounding area? If so, we at Find A Doctor Near Me have a nationwide network of physicians to aid in your search. We have done all of the necessary research into the matter, so you don't have to!
What is a Medical Geneticist?
Unlike a Research Geneticist (often just called Geneticists), a medical genetics physician works directly with patients in clinical and medical settings. Medical geneticists recognize and diagnose birth defects and genetic disorders for the purpose of arranging proper treatment, as well as to help the patient and their family cope and understand the disorder at hand. They use biochemical, radiologic and cytogenetic testing to help assist the patient for counseling and therapeutic interventions, if necessary. They coordinate and plan screening programs for metabolism inborn errors, chromosome abnormalities, neural tube defects and hemoglobinpathies.
There are quite a few medical geneticists who concentrate solely on genetic issues with fetuses and work with adult patients if they have more common forms of cancer, neurological diseases and heart disease. Medical geneticists typically perform procedures and tasks such as the following:
- Provide diagnostic workups for inherited or rare conditions.
- Record a more comprehensive history of the family and any known or registered medical problems which could tie in through genetics.
- Offer counseling or therapy for family members, even if they are unaffected, for the purpose of understanding how a genetic disorder affects the entire family.
- Educate families and patients about the familial disease.
- Provide an evaluation for genetics when it comes to hereditary cancer syndromes.
If you are currently searching for a medical geneticist who will be able to meet your needs, your wants and be close enough to your location, give us a call at (844) 372-7972. We have done all of the necessary research to save you the time and frustration.
Find a Medical Geneticist Near Me in
Find a Medical Geneticist in
Find a Doctor in : Medical Genetics Doctor
Find a Physician Near Me in : Medical Genetics Specialist